I'm new here. i have a pair of altec 806a/811b horns that i an going to integrate into my mcintosh xrt20's. the xrt's themselves will remain unmolested and be driven by a mcintosh mc2205 solidstate amp. The horns will be driven by a mcintosh mc240 tube amp. I have auditioned this arrangement and the horns fill in nicely, very nicely, however I wish to build a band pass filter for the horns. I'm going to use a third order high pass at 800 hz, so as to shut down response below the horn's design parameters. I am going to use a first order low pass filter at 8000 hz so that it will blend a little more gently into the xrt's very capable high end. from what I've read i should include an l-pad to match sensitivity. therein lies one of my questions. is that what an i-pad does? if the xrt's are 89db and the horns are 106db are those the values i should use in my calculations? and what about a zobel network? are either of these things necessary since there is an entirely different amp driving the horns?





Bookmarks